This movie has inspired many lovers of the Oceans, dolphins specifically, ALL animals, or even those just wishing to see a change in human nature, to make the choice to be against it and be a part of actually seeing that change they are so desperately hoping for.
"There is a choice you have to make in everything you do. Just keep in mind, the choice you make, makes you." -Anon.
It all starts with one person, then that person shares the movie with friends, they share it with their friends, and so on until a plethora of people are working together against the slaughter.
Also, another view of the "I can't do that" group, is not having the time, not having the opportunity, not knowing they can make a difference, or just not knowing how to start. These are petty excuses used by weak people. The opportunity is always there, always open. Whether or not you take the opportunity (take the chance) is your choice, your action, and the decision you have to make yourself, and only yourself. To be truly effective, and to lead the way towards change and turning the tides for these beautiful creatures you have to stay true to yourself and who you are, not what others want you to be.
If you choose to be the person who moves from the "I can't do that" group to the "What can I do to help?" group, that choice itself is probably the biggest and most important decision you will have had to make. And one that will make your efforts worthwhile.
- Create and sign petitions, DEMANDING that the government end the slaughter.
- Follow Ric O'Barry and his team, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's 'Cove Guardians'
- Start E-mail campaigns, raising funds for organizations opposing the slaughter. (Sea Shepherd, the Save Japan Dolphins Team [Ric O'Barry]).
- STAY UPDATED AND STAY SOCIAL --- Become associated with activists like yourself, so you can stay updated on the latest events.
- SHARE the petitions that you sign and create so others can also sign them, and share them. (This also falls under the STAY SOCIAL bullet above, and the CREATE AND SIGN PETITIONS bullet)
- Share updates with friends and others.
- Run and share blog updates on the problem so you can also directly update your friends.
- A very important subject you should share often is watching The Cove movie... the movie that created an armada of activists, animal lovers, and people from all over to raise their voice.
- You can use Twitter (you can reach thousands of people with one simple tweet), Facebook, Blogger, and other social networking sites
- You can travel to Taiji, Japan with the Sea Shepherd 'Cove Guardians' by visiting Get Involved with Sea Shepherd and volunteer to crew at sea.
- You can travel to Taiji, Japan with the Save Japan Dolphins team by visiting Take Action with Save Japan Dolphins and volunteer to monitor the cove with the team.
- Simply go on a trip to the town of Taiji without a organized group and monitor the actions, and report the latest.